Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day 38

A friend and I were looking for a fun, free activity in New York City, so we went to the Met Museum of Art. We greeted the ticket seller, who very politely said, "Okay, two at general admission," and then rung us up on the cashier: $40.00. (Of course, in tiny letters at the bottom was the word "suggested.") My friend and I looked at each other, and then at our wallets, and then at the word "suggested," ...and we just burst out laughing. My friend reached into her pocket, and pulled out a handful of change, dumping it all over the counter; I reached into my pocket and pulled out a handful of lint, and a button, and put THAT on the counter. The ticket seller was not impressed. "Please keep your change... and your lint." We threw up our hands apologetically as we walked by. "Sorry," we yelled, "we're students!"

This has been a true story.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I had the exact same thing happen to me except I tried to reason
    "How much is it for students" Natan said
    "There is a sugggested donation of 10$" replied the lady behind the counter
    "So its free then?"
    "No sir, there is a suggested donation"
    "If I don't give a suggested donation, I still get a free ticket right?"
    "See sir, these tickets are not free"

    This went on for another few minutes

    ReplyDelete